In past years, I have run a quilt along that coincides with the ‘off’ weeks of Project QUILTING – first it was ‘Home Sweet Home’ and then ‘My Favorite Block’. In 2015 I did something a bit different – well, completely different. I shared a block tutorial each week for the entire year.
These blocks combined the two previous quilt alongs. They are traditional quilt blocks that are ‘tweaked’ to show a second element – like houses.
From seeing that…I went ahead and used it for my inspiration for the Double Wedding Ring Challenge and made my double wedding rings into an entire subdivision – again, tweaking a traditional block.
I explored traditional blocks ‘twisted’ into a secondary image like a house, tree, or even a bird! I hope you decide to join in with me and explore the blocks I created!
See how you can be a block designer HERE.
Flickr group has been created! 52 Blocks: Twisted Tradition
Hashtag for twitter and Instagram: #52bTT
Fabric suggestions… HERE.
- Jan 1st - Square Dancing Whale
- Jan 8th - Road Trip to California
- Jan 15th – Homeward Bound Fish
- Jan 22nd – Flutterby Butterfly
- Jan 29th – Sugar Fox
- Feb 5th – Drunkard’s Owl by Diane Lapacek
- Feb 12th – Heart Trick
- Feb 19th – Farmer’s Daughter’s New Neighborhood
- Feb 26th – Apple Flagstones
- Mar 5th – Lucky Clover Vision
- Mar 12th – Flying Leaf from Carla of Creatin’ in the Sticks
- Mar 19th – Rocky Road to Love
- Mar 26th – Talking Heads from Erin Z of Faller Girl
- Apr 2nd - Fluttering in Formation from Melissa of Sew BitterSweet Designs
- Apr 9th – Hoppy Bunny Basket from Marian of Seems to Be Sew
- Apr 16th - Triangle of Spools
- Apr 23rd - Sunny Butterflies
- Apr 30th – Twisted Rail Fence from Marcia of Marcia’s Crafty Sewing & Quilting
- May 7th - Shoofly Chickens
- May 14th - Grandmother's Love
- May 20th - Dresden Neighborhood
- May 28th - Cross Orchard
- June 4th - Nine Patch Bird
- June 11th - Mosaic Turtle
- June 18th - Old Fish Puzzle
- June 25th – Kaleidoscope Twist from Colleen of Lucky Duck Dreams
- July 2nd - Milky Way Fireworks
- July 9th - Crocodile Heaven
- July 16th - Weathervane Neighborhood
- July 23rd - Woodland Neighborhood
- July 30th - Mosaic, Spools
- Aug 6th - Fish in the Window
- Aug 13th- Mount Home
- Aug 20th - Dutchman's Tree
- Aug 27th - Resolution Bee
- Sept 3rd - Mice Wheel
- Sept 10th - Curious Cat from Nancy of Patchwork Breeze
- Sept 17th - Pine Trees Cross Roads
- Sept 24th –Red Bird, Blue Skies of Fat Quarter Shop
- Oct 1st - Manassas Neighborhood
- Oct 8th - Mosaic Tree Block
- Oct 15th - Resolution Bat
- Oct 22nd - Odd Fellow's Cat
- Oct 29th - Hard Candy
- Nov 5th - Drunkard's Mushroom
- Nov 12th - Courthouse Thread
- Nov 19th - Pumpkin Ball
- Nov 26th - Turkey Leaf
- Dec 3rd - Wyoming Dragonfly
- Dec 10th - Santa Cabin
- Dec 17th - Hour Mint
- Dec 24th - Log Cabin Christmas Tree
Once this is all over I’d like to create a saleable pdf booklet of all the 52 blocks at one time. Please keep this in mind if you volunteer to make a block – of course you will get proper credit in the pdf booklet but there will be no monetary compensation.
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.