Where do you buy your fabric?
First, I’d like to say that I rarely buy fabric with a purpose in mind. I buy fabric that catches my eye or I can see making something cool. Someday.
I love to go to my Local Quilt Shops. Always support your local business if you can. The LQS’s in my area that I love the most are:
- Village Creek, Lodi
- Mill House Quilts, Waunakee
- Stitcher’s Crossing, Madison
With my three little girls I don’t get to quilt shops as often as I would like, though, so I do some of my fabric shopping online. Here are a list (in no particular order) of the online quilt shops I frequent the most:
- Fat Quarter Shop – top of the line, great customer service, so much selection
- Fabric.com – lots of fabric on sale, great for stocking up on the ‘basics’
- FabricFascination – stunning selection of batiks, fantastic customer service, low shipping, great specials
- SpiceBerryCottage – huge selection, fabulous whimsical prints, great customer service
- Hawthorne Threads – love fabric choices, fun lines, great service, their newsletter is addicting.
I’m always shopping for more fabric. If you have a shop yourself or one that you like to frequent – please share it here.
Do you give lectures or teach classes?
YES! I love to! Please check out my current lecture and workshop offerings here!
Who quilts your quilts?
Most of my large quilts are quilted by my aunt-in-law, Barb Raisbeck of Quilts by Barb.
I have also had some of my quilts free motion long arm quilted by Marcia Wachuta of Marcia’s Crafty Sewing and Quilting.
My smaller quilts and some of my medium quilts are most likely quilted by myself, either on my Janome 6600, Janome 1600P or my Bernina 750.
Helpful Quilting Links
Here are a few links that will help you on future quilting projects and photographing those projects. Please share with me any links/tutorials you think should be added to this list! I’ll continue to update as I receive more input from you all!
Beginning Quilting and Further:
- The 3 B’s – Borders, Backing and Binding
- Easy Peasy Machine Binding
- Blocking Quilts
- Matching Seams
- Quilt Spacer Border Calculations
- How to Bind Inside Corners
- Learn How to Paper Piece
- How to Bury Knots when Machine Quilting