I hosted the #scrappycrownalong back in 2015 and it was a ton of fun! We made the ‘Crown of Thorns’ block in 15”, 10” and/or 5” finished block sizes. Each week for 12 weeks I shared how to combine these blocks into a fun 30” block. I invite you to join in on the fun anytime and follow along with the posts below to explore the options. From the 30” blocks you have so many options!
- mini quilts
- all 12 blocks can go together into a king size quilt
- make a six of them and add some borders and or sashing for a nice lap quilt
- make 9 blocks and add borders for a decent sized bed quilt
You can either use tutorials you find online to make the Crown of Thorns block OR you can purchase my Crown of Thorns tutorial. My tutorial gives you the cutting instructions for all three sizes of blocks we’ll be using and I eliminated some of the piecing you’ll find in most of the patterns you find online.
- Layout 1
- Includes 5" half square triangle tutorial
- Layout 2
- Layout 3
- Includes 5" snowball block tutorial
- Layout 4
- Includes 5" 5 patch block tutorial
- Layout 5
- Layout 6
- Layout 7
- Layout 8
- Includes 5" Crown block tutorial
- Layout 9
- Layout 10
- Includes 5" Nine Patch tutorial
- Layout 11
- Layout 12
Please use #scrappycrownalong to share your photos! Also, join in the #scrappycrownalong Flickr group and share your progress photos there!
Feel free to add the button to your blog and spread the word about the fun!
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.