*this post contains affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase I will earn a small amount of money.
If this is your first visit be sure to check out how this whole process is going in previous posts!
- Fabric Selection
- Block 1
- Block 2
- Block 3
- Block 4
- Block 5
- Block 6
- Block 7
- Block 8
- Block 9
- Blocks 10-15
This month we’re going to be sharing a bunch of blocks! These blocks finish at 4″ x 4″ and go together fast and easy! I had a ton of fun playing around with all the fabrics in these. They really make for great fillers in the final layout of this quilt. I just love the different size blocks all mixed together in this sampler.
Here is a big picture of the blocks for this month. All blocks for this quilt feature fabrics from
- Celestial Fabric by Zen Chic for Moda Fabrics
- Birthday Fat Quarter Bundle by Sarah Watts for Ruby Star Society
- Unruly Nature Fat Quarter Bundle by Jen Hewett for Ruby Star Society
- Pietra Fat Quarter Bundle by Giucy Giuce for Andover Fabrics.
- Essex Linen by Robert Kaufman Fabrics
I am seriously loving mixing these fabric lines together! It’s really creating some unique looks!
I didn’t take photos of all these mini blocks together for some reason so I just picked one from each set to feature! Block 16 is the Sawtooth Star and I just love the effect the striped fabric has as a star … and I actually orientated it so the directions were all the same way.
Block 17 is Flying Geese. This is such a classic block that creates such a dynamic effect when grouped with other blocks.
The Whirlygig is featured as Block 18. I definitely reused extra half square triangles from other blocks to make these!
Block 19 is the Mill Wheel block. I just love this mustard yellow with the black/white print.
Block 20 – the Windmill Star, was probably the trickiest block of them all! Of course, the tricky blocks have a great pop and are totally worth it!
Keep up with the quilt along by following @fatquartershop and @persimondreams on Instagram to see and share work from your fellow quilters. Don’t forget to use #BarnStarSamplerQAL to share your progress on social media, so we don’t miss seeing your quilts!
Other quilters are sewing along too! Be sure to check out their versions of the blocks – it’s always fun to see the path everyone decides to take!
Meet the Quilters
- Anne Boundy, Said With Love, (@said_with_love)
- Melanie Call, A Bit of Scrap Stuff, (@abitofscrapstuff)
- Rebecca Bird, One Wee Bird, (@oneweebird)
- Reece Ortolani, Hurricane Quilty Stitches, (@hurricanereecequiltystitches)
- Melissa Corry, Happy Quilting, (@happyquiltingmc)
- Pat Sloan, (@quilterpatsloan)
- Gina Tell, Thread Graffiti, (@gina_tell_threadgraffiti)
I’ll be sharing my finished quilt on December 15th! Stop back!