*this post contains affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase I will earn a small amount of money.
Happy March 31st! Which means it’s time to share with you Block 3 of the Barn Star Sampler for the Quilt Along being run by the Fat Quarter Shop.
If this is your first visit be sure to check out how this whole process is going in previous posts!
The third block of the Barn Star Sampler went together really smoothly!
Here is the first block I ended up creating. This block features fabrics from
- Celestial Fabric by Zen Chic for Moda Fabrics
- Birthday Fat Quarter Bundle by Sarah Watts for Ruby Star Society
- Unruly Nature Fat Quarter Bundle by Jen Hewett for Ruby Star Society
- Pietra Fat Quarter Bundle by Giucy Giuce for Andover Fabrics.
I am seriously loving mixing these four lines of fabrics together! It’s really creating some unique looks!
I was able to do a little fussy cuttting out of the panel included in the Birthday Fat Quarter Bundle by Sarah Watts for Ruby Star Society.
For the second block I decided that I wanted to swap the values and use darker colors for the background and lighter colors for the star.
Gah! I wish this picture did htis block better justice! It’s absolutely STUNNING in real life! It seriously is one of my favorites!
And here is a picture of the two blocks side by side! They won’t be next to each other in the final quilt layout but it’s fun to see just how different they can be!
My big design wall is full of another quilt I’m working on right now so I can’t show you all six together just yet! But I will soon I promise!
Keep up with the quilt along by following @fatquartershop and @persimondreams on Instagram to see and share work from your fellow quilters. Don’t forget to use #BarnStarSamplerQAL to share your progress on social media, so we don’t miss seeing your quilts!
Other quilters are sewing along too! Be sure to check out their versions of the blocks – it’s always fun to see the path everyone decides to take!
Meet the Quilters
- Anne Boundy, Said With Love, (@said_with_love)
- Melanie Call, A Bit of Scrap Stuff, (@abitofscrapstuff)
- Rebecca Bird, One Wee Bird, (@oneweebird)
- Reece Ortolani, Hurricane Quilty Stitches, (@hurricanereecequiltystitches)
- Melissa Corry, Happy Quilting, (@happyquiltingmc)
- Pat Sloan, (@quilterpatsloan)
- Gina Tell, Thread Graffiti, (@gina_tell_threadgraffiti)
I’ll be sharing what my Block 4’s look like on April 28th! Stop back!
Leave a Reply