*this post contains affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase I will earn a small amount of money.
If this is your first visit be sure to check out how this whole process is going in previous posts!
This month we’re going to be sharing a bunch of blocks! These blocks finish at 8″ x 8″ and go together fast and easy! I had a ton of fun playing around with all the fabrics in these. It was a great way to use up some odds and ends left over from earlier blocks as well.
Here is a big picture of the blocks for this month. All blocks for this quilt feature fabrics from
- Celestial Fabric by Zen Chic for Moda Fabrics
- Birthday Fat Quarter Bundle by Sarah Watts for Ruby Star Society
- Unruly Nature Fat Quarter Bundle by Jen Hewett for Ruby Star Society
- Pietra Fat Quarter Bundle by Giucy Giuce for Andover Fabrics.
- Essex Linen by Robert Kaufman Fabrics
I am seriously loving mixing these fabric lines together! It’s really creating some unique looks!
These are the three blocks made for Block 10: Ribbon Star. I tried to mix up the light vs. dark backgrounds.
Block 11 is the Mosaic Star. It’s bananas how different the block can look depending on what value of fabric you put where.
The classic Ohio Star is featured as Block 12. This is such a great block and I love that it is scaled down a bit and not just the full 8″.
Block 12 is the Weathervane Star. I find this one just adorable!
And of course we needed a Pinwheel Star for Block 14! You can never go wrong with a gorgeous pinwheel.
Block 15 – the Windmill Star, was the most tedious to make but I just love it! My middle block featured a fun cute little face and it just makes me happy!
Keep up with the quilt along by following @fatquartershop and @persimondreams on Instagram to see and share work from your fellow quilters. Don’t forget to use #BarnStarSamplerQAL to share your progress on social media, so we don’t miss seeing your quilts!
Other quilters are sewing along too! Be sure to check out their versions of the blocks – it’s always fun to see the path everyone decides to take!
Meet the Quilters
- Anne Boundy, Said With Love, (@said_with_love)
- Melanie Call, A Bit of Scrap Stuff, (@abitofscrapstuff)
- Rebecca Bird, One Wee Bird, (@oneweebird)
- Reece Ortolani, Hurricane Quilty Stitches, (@hurricanereecequiltystitches)
- Melissa Corry, Happy Quilting, (@happyquiltingmc)
- Pat Sloan, (@quilterpatsloan)
- Gina Tell, Thread Graffiti, (@gina_tell_threadgraffiti)
I’ll be sharing what my Block 16 -20 look like on November 24th! Stop back!