*this post contains affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase I will earn a small amount of money.
If this is your first visit be sure to check out how this whole process is going in previous posts!
The sixth block of the Barn Star Sampler is called Morrocan Star.
Here is the first block I ended up creating. All blocks for this quilt feature fabrics from
- Celestial Fabric by Zen Chic for Moda Fabrics
- Birthday Fat Quarter Bundle by Sarah Watts for Ruby Star Society
- Unruly Nature Fat Quarter Bundle by Jen Hewett for Ruby Star Society
- Pietra Fat Quarter Bundle by Giucy Giuce for Andover Fabrics.
- Essex Linen by Robert Kaufman Fabrics
I am seriously loving mixing these fabric lines together! It’s really creating some unique looks!
For the second block I decided that I wanted to swap the values and use darker colors for the background and lighter colors for the star.
I also think I’m loving the darker background blocks better than the light background blocks. They just really “pop.”
And here is a picture of the two blocks side by side! They won’t be next to each other in the final quilt layout but it’s fun to see just how different they can be!
And here’s a look at the blocks so far … I am trying to lay them out the way they will be in the final quilt so it looks a little sparse yet.
Keep up with the quilt along by following @fatquartershop and @persimondreams on Instagram to see and share work from your fellow quilters. Don’t forget to use #BarnStarSamplerQAL to share your progress on social media, so we don’t miss seeing your quilts!
Other quilters are sewing along too! Be sure to check out their versions of the blocks – it’s always fun to see the path everyone decides to take!
Meet the Quilters
- Anne Boundy, Said With Love, (@said_with_love)
- Melanie Call, A Bit of Scrap Stuff, (@abitofscrapstuff)
- Rebecca Bird, One Wee Bird, (@oneweebird)
- Reece Ortolani, Hurricane Quilty Stitches, (@hurricanereecequiltystitches)
- Melissa Corry, Happy Quilting, (@happyquiltingmc)
- Pat Sloan, (@quilterpatsloan)
- Gina Tell, Thread Graffiti, (@gina_tell_threadgraffiti)
I’ll be sharing what my Block 7s look like on July 28th! Stop back!