I have to do it again! It’s time for the 3rd Annual Project QUILTING Mystery Quilt Along! It’s going to be spread out over a few more days than before but I PROMISE it’s way smaller than last years “mini” quilt!
This will be quick – just nine days of clues, with two days off for Christmas! The 3rd Mystery Quilt-Along will start Monday, December 21st, 2020 at NOON and will end Thursday, December 31st at noon, CST. Each day of the week (except Dec 24th & Dec 25th), at Noon CST a new clue for the Mystery Quilt-Along will be posted right here on my blog.
It’s going to be fun and fast – and when it’s over you’ll have a cute small quilt to help prepare for Season 12 of Project QUILTING!
There are THREE chances to win prizes for this little mystery quilt along!
1. Link up your finished Mystery Quilt Top by noon CST on Saturday, January 2nd, 2021 for a chance to win this Dwell in Possibility by Gingiber from Moda Fabrics & Supplies Charm Pack, a fun tape measure and a Project QUILTING Key Chain.
2. Link up your finished Mystery Quilt (sandwhiched, quilted and bound) by noon CST on Sunday, January 3rd, 2021 for a chance to win this KittyCorn @UrbanChiks from Moda Fabrics & Supplies Charm Pack, a fun tape measure and a Project QUILTING Key Chain.
3. Post a photo of creative layouts using all the elements during the mystery quilt. You can enter your photos for this prize by either linking up, posting in the Challenge Quilt Group or on instagram with the hashtag #pqmysteryqal3. Trish will be looking throughout social media and the link up to decide her favorite. Trish Frankland will determine the winner for the “best” wrong layout! The winner will get this Jardin de Fleurs by French General from Moda Fabrics & Supplies Charm Pack, a fun tape measure and a Project QUILTING Key Chain.
- Monday, Dec 21– Fabric Pull + Clue 1
- Tuesday, Dec 22 – Clue 2
- Wednesday, Dec 23 – Clue 3
- Thursday, Dec 24 – Happy Christmas Eve
- Friday, Dec 25 – Merry Christmas!
- Saturday, Dec 26 – Clue 4
- Sunday, Dec 27 – Clue 5
- Monday, Dec 28 – Clue 6
- Tuesday, Dec 29 – Clue 7
- Wednesday, Dec 30 – Clue 8
- Thursday, Dec 31 – layout guesses posted by noon CST
- Thursday, Dec 31 – Put it All Together
- Saturday, Jan 2nd – Photos of Quilt Tops linked up by noon CST
- Sunday, Jan 3rd – Photos of finished quilts link up by noon CST.
- Sunday, Jan 3rd – NOON CST – 1st Challenge of Project QUILTING Season 12 Posted
Post all your progress on Instagram with the hashtag #pqmysteryqal3 and post to the Challenge Quilt Group and/or Quilt and Dream Along with Kim Lapacek on Facebook.
Terri j says
Kim, your dates are off! You forgot to use January! Lol
oops! Thanks for the catch! fixed!
Barb Orlando says
This give me something exciting to do during this isolation period.
Joan DeSantis says
Sounds like fun!
I can’t believe I missed this in the past! Hope I can keep up this year!
Jonnie L Staggs says
Don’t you mean January?
Can we use any kind of fabric
Clue 1 will go over fabric for the mystery 😉
clue 1 will share with you what fabrics you’ll need 😉 posted soon!