A few weeks ago I shared the start of my “Love Machine Quilt” and today I’m going to share with you final pictures of that quilt.
PS – If you’re looking for the Project QUILTING Challenge 11.4 it’s HERE.
The Fat Quarter shop has a 2020 Sew Colorful Fat Quarter Club and I made a special project out of the February Sew Colorful Fat Quarter Club bundle – which is Pink!
I love to mix unexpected fabrics together in my quilts and I thought the Animalia Edition Fat Quarter Bundle was the perfect background compliment to the pink fabrics from the Sew Colorful Fat Quarter Club bundle.
Since the bundle was pink fabrics and the month was February I decided that Purple Daisies Quilting’s, Love Machine pattern would be perfect for these fabrics.
I made a smaller version of the pattern and I think this will make a perfect baby quilt! One of my favorite things about this pattern was the the dies from my 8″ GO! Cube worked for cutting out all the fabric I needed. I sometimes forget how easy my Accuquilt GO! Die Cutter can make quilt making!
I initially only made the quilt 3 hearts by 3 hearts but realized that it was wider than it was tall which seemed awkward since I wasn’t planning on using this as a wall hanging. The three additional hearts went together with no problems and I think the proportions are much better this way.
I dropped this quilt top off at my long arm quilters this morning. It’s on the schedule to be quilted in the beginning of March so this is not the last you’ll see of it!
Are you looking to build your fat quarter stash? Be sure to sign up for the Fat Quarter Shop’s Sew Colorful Fat Quarter Club now!
Ten wonderful quilters and designers will be making projects out of each of the Fat Quarter Bundles with us! See the details of their projects each month on our blog and keep up with Sew Colorful fun with #sewcolorful on Instagram!
- January (cream) – Fat Quarter Shop
- February (pink) – Kim Lapacek of Persimon Dreams
- March (green) – Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
- April (gray) – Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life
- May (aqua) – Chelsi Stratton, Chelsi Stratton’s Blog
- June (yellow) – Jen Van Orman of Heritage Threads
- July (dark blue) – Amanda Niederhausen of Jedi Craft Girl
- August (purple) – Melanie Call of A Bit of Scrap Stuff
- September (orange) – Pat Sloan, Pat Sloan’s Blog
- October (black) – Melissa Corry of Happy Quilting Melissa
- November (brown) – Fat Quarter Shop
- December (red) Doug Leko of Antler Quilt Design
Leave a Reply