This is it! The final clue for Project QUILTING Mystery Quilt Along is revealed!
Each day for seven days I’ll be posting a new clue at noon CST. By the end of the week you’ll have all the clues needed to create a cute little mini quilt that will inspire you through the 11th season of Project QUILTING.
Yesterday I had you cut out all the background fabrics. Today we’re going to use that up. There is one more thing you need to cut.
Fabric (brown … for the bookshelf)
(2) 3.5″ x 32.5″ strips
Sew the two strips together to create (1) 3.5″ x 64.5″ strip.
Lay it all out
If you have a design wall I recommend using it here. You can also lay this out on a table or floor. At this point I find it easy to lay it all out so I don’t mix things up.
Once it’s layout start sewing it together!
- Sew a 12.5″ x 12.5″ background square to the Clue 1/6 Block. Press towards the background fabric.
- Sew the 4.5″ x 16.5″ background rectangle to the Clue 2/6 Block. Press towards the background fabric.
- Sew the 6.5″ x 8.5″ background rectangle tot eh Clue 3/6 Block. Press towards the background fabric.
- Sew a 12.5″ x 12.5″ background square to the Clue 4/6 Block. Press towards the background fabric.
- Sew the 4.5″ x 12.5″ background rectangle to the Clue 5/6 Block. Press towards the background fabric.
- Sew a 2.5″ x 24.5″ strip to the Clue 1/6 Block Strip. Press towards the background fabric.
- Sew a 2.5″ x 24.5″ strip to the Clue 5/6 Block Strip.
- Keep sewing all the vertical block/background strips until they are all together.
- The final piece to sew on is the 3.5″ x 64.5″ bookshelf strip. Press towards the bookshelf.
Voila! The mystery quilt is revealed – a shelf full of thread spools! I hope you enjoyed this mystery quilt along! Now finish up your quilt and link it up below!
Miss the first clues?
Link up your Mystery Quilt top before Season 11 of Project QUILTING Starts on Sunday, January 5th, 2019 at noon CST and your name will be entered to win the Island Batik fabrics and Moda Scrap Nesting bins seen above plus some other fun Project QUILTING swag. If you have any issues with linking up please don’t hesitate to email me a photo of your finished quilt top directly – email@example.com – I’ll be happy to do the linking for you!