This is the most intense day of the Project QUILTING Mystery Quilt Along. If this clue takes you more than one day it will be easy to catch up with the rest of the clues and still finish in plenty of time.
Part A – Sew Strips!
Sew (1) strip using the six 2.5” squares
(1) set of five 2.5” square strip
(1) set of two 2.5” square strip.
(2) sets of four 2.5” square strips
(2) sets of two 2.5” square strips
(2) sets of seventeen 2.5” square strips
(5) sets of six 2.5” square strips
(3) sets of four 2.5” square strips
(1) set of three 2.5” square strips
(3) sets of two 2.5” square strips
*there will be (2) single 2.5” squares of background fabrics left.
Part B – Half Square Triangles
Making Half Square Triangles
Draw a diagonal line on the wrong side of the 3.0” background fabric square. Place it right sides together with one of the main fabrics.
Sew a line a quarter-inch on each side of the drawn line.
Cut on the line.
Press towards the darker fabric.
Trim down to 2.5” squares. Repeat this method to make all the half square triangles for this project.
Pair the 3.0” squares of Fabric 3 and Fabric 4 with 3.0” squares of Background fabric to make 2.5” Half Square Triangles.
You will need to make
(3) 2.5” square half square triangles in fabric 3 (blue)
(5) 2.5” half square triangles in fabric 4 (green)
*put aside the extra half square triangles created using this method to use in a different project.
So that’s it – Clue 2! Have fun and be sure to post your progress on instagram using the hashtag #PQMysteryQAL.5a