Throughout the last few months I’ve been slowly working on a fun new table runner. This runner was made for the Table Runner Bliss quilt along. I shared earlier the fabrics I chose for this project – of course they’re a bit unexpected. I worked on the project slowly because of course it was apple season! It was a great project for apple season though because I just worked on groups of different elements of the blocks when I had a few moments to sit down to my sewing machine. Before I knew it – I had all the bits ready to put together into one table runner! And what a table runner it was! This is quite the table runner finishing at 30.5” x 78.5”. My friend Trish will love it though … she’ll just slide it to her side of the table when she’s visiting so she doesn’t stick to our table (lol – my girls LOVE syrup and honey and aren’t always the best at wiping it up after a snack). Initially I thought I was going to quilt this one myself but given its size and my time restraints with the orchard still up and running I decided to hand it over to the lovely and talented Kim Van Etten of Poynette, WI to do her magic. The quilting she decided to do is just beautiful! The sharp edges in the overall quilting design in portions of the quilt match beautifully with the sharp edges the piecing and fabric give to the quilt. By not quilting so tightly in some places a secondary pattern “puffs” out of the quilt adding a fabulous bonus element to this piece. I love just trusting her to do what she wants and seeing where that takes her! This was the final day of the Table Runner Bliss Quilt Along … be sure to head over to Melissa Cory at Happy Quilting to see what she made today! And take a look back to see what other fabulous creations were made from this great book!
- Tuesday, 9/5 – Anorina (Samelia’s Mum) and Pam (Pam Kitty Morning)
- Tuesday, 9/12 – Sinta (Pink Pincushion)
- Tuesday, 9/19 – Lorna (Sew Fresh Quilts) and Connie (Freemotion by the River)
- Tuesday 9/26 – Amanda (Jedi Craft Girl) and Jennie (Porch Swing Quilts)
- Tuesday 10/3 – Melanie (A Bit of Scrap Stuff) and Sherri (A Quilting Life)
- Tuesday 10/10 – Sinta (Pink Pincushion) and Lisa (In the Boon Docks)
- Tuesday 10/17 – Vickie (Spun Sugar Quilts) and Susan (yardgrl60 on Instagram)
- Tuesday 10/24 – Taunja (Carried Away Quilting) and Lorna (Sew Fresh Quilts)
- Tuesday 10/31 – Greg (Grey Dogwood Studio) and Melanie (A Bit of Scrap Stuff)
- Tuesday 11/7 – Melisssa (Happy Quilting) and Kim (Persimon Dreams)
Also check out #tablerunnerbliss on instagram to see what’s been happening!