1. H(alf) S(quare) T(riangle). a quilt block that consists of two triangles connected at a 45-degree angle to create a square.
Half Square Triangles, HSTs, are fundamental elements in so many different quilt blocks. The possibilities with these fun little blocks are truly endless! When my friend Trish said that she was hosting a Light/Bright HST Swap I was in! I finished up 216 4.5” HSTs this past weekend. 108 of them will be swapped and I’ll keep one matching block to each! By the time the swap is over I’ll have 216 different scrappy HSTs to use in a secret project! I am so excited to see what squares show up! There’s still time for you to join in the swap! They don’t have to be in until August 15th. More info here: https://www.facebook.com/events/504848966332274/
The link for more info doesn't work for me. 🙁
hmmm… links work for me but facebook can be weird. Here's the info:
Make as many half-square triangle blocks as you'd like – you'll get back as many as you send!
No limits. Make 5, or make 500!
• one half of the block any rainbow-bright color
• one half of the block any low-volume light.
Prints or solids – happy scrappy! Save your darks and muddy colors for another day, please.
They need to be 4.5" size (for a 4" finish).
Please enclose with your blocks:
• Note with your name, (and FB name if it's different), and the NUMBER of blocks you sent
• Self-addressed, stamped envelope for return blocks. (Make sure it's big enough, and pre-affix the same amount of postage it cost to send your blocks to me.)
Mail by Aug 15, 2015 to:
Trish Frankland, QUILTchicken
W10632 County Rd J
Lodi WI 53555
I promise to swap up the blocks and return mail them by Labor Day. Pinky swears!