It all started with the ‘Panel It’ Project QUILTING Challenge for June. I had had this deer panel for a bit now and one of my 2014 goals was to do what I had dreamed in my head that I wanted to do with it…converge it for my parent’s cottage. First…I pulled the fabrics I wanted to go with it – a hand-dyed blue and a brown/gold print.Time for the vertical convergence.And here it is all sewn together.I realized I didn’t want to cut up the deer heads anymore than they already were so I only partially converged horizontally. I think it created more of a frame around them. I also decided that the was way too much blue on the right…I decide to just completely cut that side off.I added some partial borders in a green gold print. This is a belated father’s day gift for my dad and his favorite color is green so I wanted to be sure to add some in. I then did some vertical wavy quilting in the brown/blue strips and bound the quilt. I’ll admit – it didn’t turn out like I had envisioned in my head originally BUT my parents already said they like it and it will look nice hanging in their cabin. And with that…my June Project QUILTING quilt is finished!
Cool technique. I like how it turned out