I love ‘checking in’ on my goals I made for ‘A Lovely Year of Finishes’ in the middle of each month. It really helps me gauge what I need to do and refocuses my efforts. So…let’s take a look at the goals I made for this month and see where we’re at.
Goal 1. Scrappy Trip Along
Well – I still have the 30 Scrappy Trip Along blocks from the beginning of the month finished.
And I have four more blocks done for a total of 34, which means just 38 left to go before I sew it all together. I also have about 15 blocks ready for the final strips to be sewed together. I typically sew my ‘tubes’ and then bring them with me to do the ripping as handwork. I’ve sort of gotten really into a few other quilt along’s this month and I’m trying to keep pacing myself with the #scrappytripalong. We’ll see how it all turns out.
NO PROGRESS. I just posted the June Off Season Challenge and it’s definitely on my ‘to do’ list for this month. I have so many things that inspire me it may be hard to decide which one to focus on for this quilt. Feel free to join in the fun – check out the challenge HERE.
Goal 3. Catch up and/or Keep up with the various quilt along’s I’m participating in.
I have fallen behind on so many quilt alongs…I really need to either catch up with them or realize that it just isn’t going to happen. Here’s the four that I really want to keep up with…
- 2013 Craftsy BOM – I’m adding these blocks to my 2012 Craftsy BOM blocks so I really need to catch up to this….
New Plan. I’m going to just put together my 2012 Craftsy BOM blocks together and not do the 2013 Craftsy BOM. I just feel overwhelmed looking at it and I think I need to finish my red/turquoise/grey fabric quilt up. Once I made this decision I felt so much less stressed about my to do list. Since quilting is sort of my job but also something I truly enjoy doing I don’t want to feel stressed about it at all…I want to feel inspired. So – now I just have to figure out how to sash this…
- City Sampler Quilt Along – I’m a new Tula Pink addict (I know – where have I been!?) so this quilt along is mandatory. I actually finished the first fifteen blocks, the whole cross section. I am officially addicted!
- Dancing Stars QAL – I initially was going to make LOTS of these blocks. As I get into it – it’s a lot of little piecing – and not just piecing…but paper piecing. Which I don’t mind…just not TONS of it. So, I think I’m going to finish blocks for the fabrics I have and see what I end up with. I can always make more if I decide to go bigger… Still no progress on this one other than continuing to put 2.5” square scraps in the bin. Ideas in my mind are forming for it though…
- Impromptu Along – So, at the beginning of this month when I put this on my list I hadn’t even gotten the pattern yet. I’m proud to say that I have the main quilt top all pieced! I used a mix of hand-dyed fabrics and my beloved African fabrics. I LOVE this quilt top! I do think I need to add a border and it may even be slightly pieced….but I’m currently letting the quilt marinate on my design wall as I contemplate what to do next…
- Aurifil Designer Block of the Month – Since I was only working on a few quilt along’s, I decided I needed to add another to the list. I pulled some fabrics…and here’s my first block! I think I’m only about 5 months behind…so I have a bit of catching up to do…but I’m ecstatic on how the fabrics are looking together!
How are your June goals coming? Don’t forget to link up HERE.
Oh – and it’s Sunday so we need a Haiku
Summer is here now.
The girls got a swimming pool.
Must quilt at nights now.