Let’s see how the Farmer’s Daughter Quilt turned out with the fourth color added.
I found some skinny frog tape and tried that even though the humidity was still high. I would definitely recommend the wider tape…I may have over lapped a few times. Four coats of Navy Blue on and it was time to pull the tape.Here you can see how the paint seeped a little with the humidity and the tape not sticking. You can also see where I went over just a bit with the thinner frog tape. I used small artists brushes to touch up the areas. One of the nice things about Barn Quilts is that they are hung high up on a barn and are looked at from a distance. Minor issues are not going to be seen so touching up is a very feasible option.
And voila! Here it is! I can’t wait to see this hung! I love the three-dimensional effect the chevrons in the blues create.
I hope to get pictures of the quilts when they are on their respective barns soon. I’ll be sure to share them with you as soon as I can.
Be sure to see if there are any ‘Barn Quilt Trails’ in your area. It’s always fun to watch for them as your driving in the country or even along different highways!
I think I’ll have some pictures to share with you of some barn quilts I recently spotted…I may not get to posting them until Monday…