It’s Thursday! I have yet to sew a single stitch on my Project QUILTING quilt but I did paint the fabric, sketched my applique design and started to fuse some fabrics…it’s a start. Let’s hope I can get it finished in the next few days!
I believe I started making these 1930’s reproduction print Block of the Month from Fabric N Quilts. I loved doing them but it was one of those times where I just had way too many things going on…including having a baby! Anyway – this year I was determined to finish the quilts (thanks to ‘A Lovely Year of Finishes’ for the kick in the butt). In January I got all the sashings added to the blocks, pieced the tops, and then I sent it off to Marcia’s Crafty Sewing & Quilting to quilt it. I had won some money towards long arm free motion quilting last year for participating in her ‘Zig Zag Challenge’.
Marcia did a great job quilting a free motion meander with little flowers randomly throughout. It compliments the quilt without taking away from the blocks. Perfect! The next step was adding the binding on! I did random lengths of the three different sashing strips for the binding. I thought it added to the wonky twist I added to this traditional quilt.
And the final step will be giving it to my friend! I’m sure once she see’s this post she’ll be calling me for a coffee date soon (hint, hint, Julie)! I can’t wait to see her reaction when she see it in real life!