The first Season 4, Project QUILTING Challenge goes up in just a few hours!! SERIOUSLY!? I can’t wait for this season to get going! I wanted to tell you about one more of our sponsors this season before we got going and I’ll fill you in on the others throughout the week! This morning we’re going to meet Chris Daly of Dye Candy Fabrics.
Have you followed along with previous seasons of Project QUILTING or is this your first time?
I’ve been following project quilting since the first season. I love to see how everyone interprets the challenges and how creative all the finished quilts are.
If you have followed along do you have a favorite challenge or project?
Where do you find inspiration?
I find my inspiration from walks in nature, photographs and from so many creative bloggers. Thanks for sharing your techniques and creative works!
Do you have a favorite fabric line? If so – what is it right now?
Recently most of what I create uses my hand dyed or hand painted fabrics. I love batiks from Hoffman and so many of the modern fabrics and colors currently on the market.
What is your favorite thing about the winter months?
More time for sewing and fabric dyeing!! Eighty percent of what I create happens once the weather turns cold.
Anything you’d like to share about your store with my readers please do so!
I love dyeing fabrics! After 5 years of selling fabric I still get excited when washing away the residual dyes. I play and experiment every chance I get.
Most of the hand dyed items sold in my Dye Candy Store were dyed or created by me. You can find Dye Candy Fabrics on Etsy and at quilt shows in Wisconsin and Illinois.
- Silk Velvet – pieces dyed with Art Quilting and Crazy Quilters in mind
- Wool – in deep and bright colors
- Quilters Jewelry – made with Dye Candy Fabrics
- T-Shirts – So soft in women’s sizes
- Scarves – Satin Devore and Velvet Burnout
Don’t miss any of Chris’s Dying adventures – be sure to find/follow/like her on her sites:
- Dye Candy Fabrics Blog
- Dye Candy Fabrics Etsy shop
- Twitter – @dyecandy
- Newsletter- Find a link to the Dye Candy Fabrics monthly newsletter near the upper right hand margin on the Dye Candy blog.
- Other – www.theartquiltblog.blogspot.com – I am an avid Art Quilter and curator of a blog called The Art Quilt Blog. This blog is open to any contemporary art quilter that wants to join in no matter what your skill level is. It is a place to meet other art quilters, share your work and techniques, promote your art quilts for sale.
- Thank you Chris for your support of the 4th Season of Project QUILTING! It’s going to be amazing!