I need to do my ‘Mid Month Check In’ post for the Lovely Year of Finishes over at Sew Bittersweet Designs.
I started the month out with the goal of finishing the quilt top of my 1930s sampler blocks.
My first step in accomplishing this was to add borders to each of the blocks and make wonky squared up 15” blocks. The was the step that had been nagging at me forever and once I actually did it I couldn’t believe how fast it went! It was such a simple thing to do that took me less than an afternoon…looking back I have no idea why I didn’t just take the time months ago.
The last step was to sew the 12 blocks together. I was going to quilt this one myself but I won a quilting prize from Marcia’s Crafty Sewing and Quilting and I decided to use it on this quilt. I’ll admit…the white fabric sort of scared me away from doing it myself…
The other goal I had this month was to reorganize my craft area. I was looking for my before pictures but I can’t find them right now…here are my after pictures. Look! You can see my cutting table (lower left)! It’s a miracle!
Here’s the other portion of my area…everything is off the floor.
I’m pretty proud of what I’ve accomplished so far this month! This ‘goal setting’ is working for me!