As I’m sure many of my blogger readers/followers know – I LOVE a challenge. When I saw the ‘not-me’ fat quarter of fabric on sale for $10 along with a fun challenge at last years Prairie Heritage Quilt Show I immediately grabbed one up (well – two – I challenge my mother-in-law as well). So, you all will get to enjoy seeing my ‘process’ as it happens. I have an ‘idea’ in my mind what’s going to happen but I do know that i have to have it turned in by March 1st so the clock is ticking!
Make a small wall quilt based on any letter of the alphabet, using provided challenge fabric (the white fabric with the bright outlined flowers).
- Challenge fabric must be recognizable in the background.
- Challenges must include at least 5 clues to the chosen letter.
- Quilts must NOT have the actual letter on the front of piece.
- Quilts can be pieced, appliquéd, mixed, 3-D, embellished or any other type.
- Minimum size 24”x24”. Maximum size 28”x28”.
- All quilts must be quilted by hand or machine.
- ALL stitching must be done by the Exhibitor.
The photo above shows the ‘base’ for my quilt. I technically have included 5 of the 5 clues already in just the background – but don’t worry, I have plans for even more! stay tuned…
Darlene Gerber says
I think the letter is 'P'!!