I try to keep all my different ‘hats’ in the blogging world separate from one another – but there are a few that are just too precious for me not to share…I am a few days late (4 actually) in posting my ‘birthday’ blog for my beautiful little 3 year old, Capri. (I was taken down for a few days by a nasty cold…) On February 24th, 2008 at 8:16pm my beautiful little girl – Capri Grace joined our family. To read more about her birth story click HERE. Capri at 1Capri at 2Capri at 3 – and this picture perfectly depicts what my ‘sweet, little snuggly’ Capri was like on her birthday – stubborn and wryly. I have to say – it’s never been the terrible 2’s here – more like the terrible 3’s. I had about 3 months of a break from them but now I have another 12 months to endure…wish me luck. We had a very laid back birthday celebration for Capri. Grandma and Grandpa Van came during the day to hang out and play. We went to ‘Market Street Diner’ for lunch and to enjoy our ‘free birthday cake’. There were plans to go to Bouncy Town but due to some behavioral issues we had to pass. Papa brought home Capri’s favorite pizza – cheese and olives and then Grandma and Grandpa Lapacek came by at night to enjoy some ‘blue’ cake with the birthday girl. I’m pretty sure Capri had an enjoyable celebration and is quite happy with her new toys and clothes. I can’t believe that my baby is already three and soon to be a big sister!! Just a few things about my lovely Capri…
- she’s so easy to give you a smile and is happy to snuggle whenever necessary
- building with blocks/lego’s/etc, coloring, and putting together puzzles are just a few of her favorite things
- she was slow to start talking but now that she has, she continually amazes us with all the things she has to say
- her eyes are definitely going to get her in trouble with the boys someday
- she shows no fear
- I can’t wait to have her measured at the doctor next week so I can share with you exactly how tall she is – and she is tall!
- My favorite thing that she has said to me that still melts my heart is, “I so much love you.”