Once again, you all continue to amaze me with your creativity and what you can accomplish in one short week. I’m really enjoying the stories with each quilt. I have started telling the story of each quilt I make and printing it onto the label that gives dates and all that good stuff. Someday….when you all sell these projects on etsy and the new owner passes it on to someone else….they will be thrilled to know how and why your quilt was created.
I’m also really excited that we are getting some new people to join us. Even if we are on Challenge 7 of Season 1, there are still great prizes every week. There are even random prize drawings just for entering, so you can win even if you have alot less experience than some of these amazingly great quilters. And, since you get comments from all the judges, you’ll learn some tips to make you a better quilter.
1. The colors for challenge 7 will be black and white and no more than one other color of your choice. You can include multiple fabrics in each color, but only 3 colors can be used.
2. Your finished project can be any size, but cannot be a square or a rectangle in shape. It can be either 3D or flat.
3. POST your entries with a description of your creative process, including where you are (ie, I create in Madison, WI) and the size of your project by Sunday, August 8, at noon, CDT, to this flickr group – Project QUILTING with KimsCraftyApple: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1401824@N21/ OR email a picture/description of your completed project to email@example.com with PROJECT QUILTING in the subject line.
5. If this is the first Project Quilting challenge you’ve participated in, please email Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org with PROJECT QUILTING in the subject line so that Kim can send you feedback from the judges and keep you updated on the behind the scenes going-ons.
6. Just like last week…I have created a Project QUILTING WIP Group on Flickr:
This group has been created so you can post your Project QUILTING WIPs (Work in Progress) mid-week to get feedback from the public. This gives you an opportunity to get some ‘Tim Gunn-like’ advice to help you proceed. This is completely optional. The judges will not be looking at these until after they have completed their score sheets.
FabricsNQuilts – $50 Gift Certificate
FabricFascination – Bali Pop
TessaAnn – A Set of Handmade Buttons
FabricAlaCarte – $20 Gift Certificate and copy of the book ‘ROLLING Along’ by Nancy Martin
StashedCache – Spider Web Quilt Starter Kit
Kim & Diane – A selection of original patterns and yardage of hand-dyed fabric
This prize package is OVER TWO-HUNDRED DOLLARS worth of amazing items! I can’t wait to see what happens this season! Thanks to all these great sponsors for their generosity and support!
I have also begun to put together a RANDOM prize package for the end of the season. These are all awards that will be chosen (out of a hat, first Cedi will pick, then Capri and repeat – as shown here:http://kimlapacek.com/2010/05/project-quilting-rectangle-winners.html) Every time you complete a challenge for Project Quilting your name will be entered in the drawing forRANDOM prizes (this will exclude the Grand Prize Winner as he/or she will already have AMAZING things!)
Sponsors for the Random Prizes:
Karol from FabricCandy is donating a set of Five Fat Quarters of the Ava Rose Collection.
RainbowFabrics is Donating $25 to her etsy shop.
Thanks to ALL Sponsors for Project QUILTING for your generosity and support!
Good luck with this weeks challenge!
It’s Time to Think Outside the Square!