So…on to Challenge 3 the Recycled Quilt.
1. The front, back, borders, binding and embellishments should all be made from materials that have had a previous life as something else.
2. You may use new thread and batting.
3. Your project should include at least 3 different materials used as embellishments.
4. POST your entries with a description of your creative process, including where you are (ie, I create in Madison, WI) by Sunday, June 13, at noon, CDT, to this flickr group – Project QUILTING with KimsCraftyApple: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1401824@N21/ OR email a picture/description of your completed project to firstname.lastname@example.org with PROJECT QUILTING in the subject line.
5. If this is the first Project Quilting challenge you’ve participated in, please email Kim at email@example.com with PROJECT QUILTING in the subject line so that Kim can send you feedback from the judges and keep you updated on the behind the scenes going-ons.
LoveBug Studios says
So is the finished product supposed to be a quilt? I'm assuming that because of the title & the specifics around the backing, binding, etc. but just want to be sure.
You are doing such a fantastic job picking ideas for these challenges and the items made are great!
Question; are photos considered recycled since they had a previous life in my photo album?
Great challenge… my closets are getting cleaned out… I'm finding things I forgot I had!
Your project does not need to be a traditional quilt. All the other things like bags, dolls, skirts, etc, are OK for this challenge, just like all the others. What I was trying to say is that your entire project needs to be made from recycled items. The only allowed exceptions are thread (a really tough re-use any day) and batting (or whatever you use for filler).
Yes, I would consider your photos to be recycled.
Have fun! Can't wait to see what you all come up with.