I can’t believe it’s been five years since the best day of my life (I know, I know, having my kids was supposed to be the best days but that hurt. A Lot. so they’ll have to tie for second best…). I can still remember that day like it was yesterday. We were blessed with beautiful weather, a great turnout of family and friends from all over, and each other. Five years ago today I married my best friend, my soul mate, and the love of my life. I don’t have many of my pictures on my computer from that day – they’re all on discs or printed but here’s a few I managed to scrounge up…My bridesmaids – don’t they all look beautiful!? We had a lot of time to spare between the church ceremony and the reception so we all headed over to Frank and Diane (my inlaw’s) farm and enjoyed lots of food and beer. It was great place for everyone to hang out, relax and enjoy each other’s company instead of dispersing between the three bars in town. We had a ‘U’ shaped head table because it wouldn’t quite fit in a straight line in the area allotted – best problem EVER! We were all able to talk, laugh and have fun with EVERYONE during the dinner – the ends were not excluded. I wouldn’t do it any other way! Here are my parents – enjoying the evening. If it wouldn’t have been for then we would not have been able to have such a fantastic day! Thanks so much for your help and support! Part of the bridesmaid’s gifts were sunglasses that matched their dresses – they were a fun accessory for the entire event… Jesse Graham – my usher, best guy friend and crazy dancer! He is a tall guy and the shoes that came with his tux were 2 sizes too small! I told him right away he didn’t have to wear them but he toughed it out through the service and proceeded to change shoes and dance the night away! He also managed to knock my mother in law, Diane to the floor while dancing (had nothing to do with the beer spilled on the dance floor) – she took in stride, got up and continued to enjoy the evening. I don’t know if I have ever danced so much in my life other than that night. At one point of the evening Jared’s aunt Barb was stitching the train back up since it had been ripped free. The next morning I woke up with visible bruises on the bottoms of my feet – yup, it was a good night! Other Special Memories from that day:
- – Early morning getting our hair one by the ladies at the Premiere and makeup by my good friend Carla
- – Playing a ‘Sex and the City Trivia’ Game to calm my nerves before the ceremony started in the back room at church (I know, very appropriate)
- – Grahambo pulling tape off the roll very loudly right before I walked down the aisle to tape the runner down – later he told me he thought I’d be mad but in reality it actually calmed me down and made it feel like my day – something had to happen!
- – Riding in the horse pulled wagon through downtown Poynette and enjoying Champagne!
- – Being greeted at the orchard by hundreds of people blowing bubbles
- – shots at the Frontier courtesy of our horse drive, Shawn Doherty (and yes, I did beat everyone with the Jager Bombs)
- – the microphone not really working for the speeches (oh well)
- – frantically trying to talk to everyone that made it to the wedding
- – being surprised when someone was walking around selling Jello shots and then asking if I could have one even though I didn’t have any money (the answer was, yes)
- – Dancing!
Well, those are the first memories that popped into my head – I’m sure I could go on and on. If you have any special memories either from attending my special day or from your own I would love to hear about them! wow…five years…