Happy 2010 everyone! I hope it turns out to be a fantastic year. I would be kidding myself to make my resolution for 2010 be: “Finish one projects before I start another”. It’s just not going to happen and I don’t want it to happen – it would stunt my creative process. So instead my crafting resolution will be “Work on as many projects as I feel like and complete as many possible in a reasonable time frame.” WIP’s (aka Work in Progress)
- EtsyBaby Valentine’s Challenge Project (I don’t want to give too much away about what I’m making)
- 2009 Quilts by Barb Quilt Retreat Mystery Project
- Animal Print Bag
- Develop new jewelry lines
- A ‘paper’ doll project (that’s all I’m going to say about that as well…)
- Add new designs to my child aprons
- Get better pictures of the hand-dyed clothing I make
Things I Want to Make
- Replenish my Origami Bag Supply
- Create the new pouch that I just got a pattern for
- Try out the bag patterns I purchased in 2009
- Rag Quilt for Capri’s Twin Bed (possibly)
- Create more fun patchwork belts
- Make an art quilt
- Figure out my Screen Printing Kit
- Use my fabric sun print kit
- Create some fabric for allthenumbers
- Tote bags with some of the amazing fabric I have been ‘collecting’
Wow…once I write it all down it doesn’t seem like too much. I’m sure I’ll be adding to the list drastically as the year goes on and more ideas come to mind. It is nice to keep a list though – maybe that will be another resolution for 2010 – Keep an ongoing project list to maintain sanity. I am happy to say that I did wake up this morning to my first sale of 2010 – one of my Vintage Royal Typewriter Key Rings. (don’t worry…I still have a lot of letters left!)Of course, my husband then asked me, “Is your goal to sell one thing a day this year.” My response, “Of course not, I hate to set goals. If I don’t set a goal I can’t fail.” Maybe a bad way to look at life but I have no idea how to get myself away from that mentality. I plan on just be happy with every sale that I make in 2010! Cheers to a good year!
Thanks for your kind word the other day.
Love this post….at times I too think hey work on one and finish it…..then I think no way that will happen I would loose creativity! My mind never stops thinking of all the different things to try and see what happens and to develop more than one label. No wonder I and worn out…but it is great.
Happy New Year, and heres to as many things as we can accomplish and think of accomplishing in a year!! CHEERS :0)