On Saturday, we went to a family reunion in Belmont, WI (the same location for the QuiltsbyBarb Quilt Retreat). I saw my husband’s aunt Barb who is the one that does the quilting on my larger quilts with her long arm machine. Since apple season is quickly approaching I know I won’t have time to make quilts so there were a few I just had to finish. The first quilt top I’ll show you (okay…minor disclaimer…the pictures of these quilt tops are not perfect…I just wanted to take them quick since I won’t be getting to finishing them until Novermber…) is from the latest Quiltsy Team Batik Charm Swap and Challenge. Everyone that signed up to participate cut out 100 charm blocks, sent it to the designated team member, who then split them up and sent them back to each person. The next part of the challenge was to make a quilt using the blocks and two other fabrics. I used black and another batik fabric in my binding in addition to my swaps. I’m very happy with how it turned out. I can’t wait to see it quilted! I’ve had the main part of this string quilt put together for awhile. This was also a quiltsy block exchange from earlier this year. All I had to finish up was the borders…which I usually dread and put off for a long time. I found a really great black fabric with a fun gold print on for the first break and then I cut up some string blocks I had made just because for the outside border. I am also really happy with this one!The quilts above and below are made from tumbler blocks from SFOQuilter’s Die Cut Kits that I purchased. I love how they turned out and I love how quickly they went together!I sent one more quilt top…an ‘I Spy’ type quilt to Barb but didn’t take any pictures of it. I think I finished that one at some point late last year but wasn’t sure if I would add borders or not so I ‘simmered’ about it for awhile. I decided that the border didn’t do it anything so why do one. So…that’s what I did the last few days last week!