I have been completely out of it on the ‘internet world’ and completely spaced about the Etsy Success Symposium going on yesterday. Luckily – other’s did not. I stole these takeaways from the Etsy Success Symposium that were posted here: http://domesstic.tumblr.com/ Here are my top 10:
- Have a cohesive and well-defined brand.
- Get together an elevator pitch and don’t be ashamed to use it. Keep it short and memorable.
Hmmm…this is something I definitely need to make…maybe it will be a challenge for me and I’ll get some feedback from you all.
- Participating in a community is the ‘secret sauce’ of etsy. Scratch someone else’s back and they will scratch yours.
LOVE all my etsy teams – they have been a HUGE component of my success.
- Write out your goals and be realistic.
- Be consistent within your business and slowly and steadily keep working toward your goals.
- Get your finances in order. Figure out how much you need to make. Figure out how much you want to make. Start working to make these happen.
- Follow your bliss. Know what your passion is and you will get to where you want to go (but of course, you will probably encounter some pitfalls).
- Find out what problem your shop solves and market the crap out of it.
- Make 6 item to-do lists daily and eliminate crap excuses stopping you from getting them done.
This is a truly wonderful idea!
- Make some things in your business very black and white, so that you will always know when they are coming and can prepare to make them happen.
If you want to see some live stream from the symposium check out: http://www.livestream.com/etsy/video?clipId=pla_b9eac8bd-fcc9-41e3-be5e-3aa564c14ef6 All these ‘takeaways’ are definitely things I need to think about and work on. I don’t really have any goals at this point but definitely am starting to feel myself getting overwhelmed by it all. I think a plan would really help to eliminate some of the ‘drowning’ feelings.